This course for teachers and carers provides the skills and knowledge
required to deliver a first aid response and life support as well as
the management of casualties, the incident and other first aiders in a
range of situations in education and care settings.
This course is also suitable for parents wanting child focused, comprehensive, accredited first aid training.
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This 2-hour course covers skills and knowledge required to provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines. HLTAID001. HLTAID001 is the most current nationally accredited unit of competency.
Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (Level 1)
Assess an emergency situation
Maintain airway, breathing and circulation of unconscious casualty
First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection Control Procedures
Manage a casualty with external bleeding
Manage a casualty suffering from shock
Administer First Aid for Burns & Electric Shock
Administer First Aid for Eye & Soft Tissue Injuries
Manage a casualty suffering Near Drowning/Drowning
Manage a casualty suffering Head / Chest / Abdominal Injuries
Manage a casualty suffering Extremes of Temperature
First Aid for Venomous Bites & Stings and Allergic Reactions
Administer First Aid for Spinal Injuries & Fractures
Principles for assessing and moving the sick & injured
Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a First Aide
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
(sometimes known as Senior first aid, level 2 first aid etc)
how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
For more information about class times and locations send us an email. We can also hold classes at your work place.
Delivered in Partnership with:
iAscend Polytechnic Pty Ltd- TOID 21340
CBD College : (RTO No. 91399)